Procedure for Applying to the Minor in Africana Studies
You are here
After you have acquainted yourself with the requirements for the Africana Studies minor from the Africana website, you may submit the following documents to the Africana Studies and Research Center (ASRC).
- The online application articulating your interest in the Africana Studies Minor in the Notes section. Minor Application.
- The online list of the ASRC courses you have taken, along with a plan of the ASRC courses you intend to take to complete the minor . Minor Course Checklist
- A copy (unofficial) of your transcript, with ASRC courses highlighted. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
A minor concentration in Africana Studies requires at least five (5) Africana Studies (ASRC) courses (with a grade of C or better), including Introduction to Africana Studies.
- Intro. to African Studies
- 3 Courses: one course falling under each of the following categories (at the 2000 level or above)
- African American
- Caribbean Studies
- 1 course on History, Literature, Politics, Popular Culture, Race & Inequality, or Gender & Sexuality within the African Diaspora (at the 3000 level or above)
The result of your application will be forwarded to you as soon as the paperwork is completed. Please contact the Director of Undergraduate studies to arrange a meeting or for further consultation.