- Professor Olúfẹ́mi Táíwò receives the Fanon Outstanding Book Award
- Professor N'Dri Assie-Lumumba interviewed by Solvejg Wastvedt on WSKG - "They See Themselves In The Young Person Walking Freely And Being Shot"
- Uncommon languages offered; Wolof anyone? by Kathy Hovis, Cornell Chronicle
- Professor Riche Richardson quoted in "Gee's Bend quilts bring Africxan American folk art to the Met," by Steven W. Thrasher, The Guardian
- Professor Noliwe Rooks featured on NPR Code Switch - "The Annie Of Tomorrow Has The Same Hard Knocks, But Different Hair" - Neda Ulaby